- Children learn better when they are in a relaxed state, calm and regulated.
- Practicing mindfulness helps children better manage stress and anxiety,
and creates tools for them to carry with them as they grow moving into a lifestyle.
- This promotes an environment where children can fully understand how to process their emotions in a healthy way,
reducing the impact of stress and anxiety often resulting in mental health difficulties.
- Children achieve greater academic, social and emotional success by learning through play.
- During play children learn about themselves and their surroundings around them.
- Play allows children to explore and test their own limits at the same time as build confidence, social and cognitive skills.
- We incorporate play throughout our entire day, and we have fun!
- We offer curious play spaces to encourage self-directed play and promote creative exploration.
- We incorporate a concept, bring natural objects to encourage real-life experiences to foster their creative mind.
- We emergent plan and build off the child’s curiosity, and expand off their emerging interests to enhance their learning possibilities,
this is where creative expansion and magic happens.
NATURE LEARNING :
- With a focus on nature based learning, this creates a calming approach to learning and helps to regulate the child’s creative mind.
- We believe that outside time, and stepping into nature is the best medicine for young minds.
- We immerse into nature, ensure there is outside learning each day rain or shine.
- We bring earth elements into their play space to encourage the child uses their five senses to engage with the world around them.
- The children take part in a seasonal garden seed to harvest, and they really learn the life cycle of our food source.
SOCIAL & EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE :
- We work with the children on their social and emotional needs to prepare them to find their voice
and have the ability to communicate their true feelings.
- Children who have the social and emotional skills prior to entering kindergarten are better prepared to learn the academics.
- Teaching the children how to problem solve, communicate to each other using “I statements”,
and allowing them to express their feelings and emotions is key to their development.
WE BELIEVE IN…
A CULTURE OF CONNECTION, COHERENT COMMUNICATION,
AWARENESS AND A COLLABORATION OF MINDFUL PRACTICES.
CUSTOMIZED EMERGENT PLAY BASED LEARNING FOCUSED ON ENCOURAGING CURIOSITY WITHIN.
OUTDOOR LEARNING WITH NATURE IS A CALMING APPROACH TO REGULATING YOUNG, CREATIVE MINDS.
SELF DIRECTED SPECIFIC LEARNING PROMOTES CREATIVE EXPLORATION.